School Fees and Bursaries

School Fees 2024

The school fees for 2023, excluding the acceptance deposit, are made up as follows:

Tuition Fee
Grade 1 – 3: R27 720 per annum
Grade 4 – 6: R27 830 per annum
Grade 7: R27 720 per annum
Grade 8 – 9: R40 700 per annum
Grade 10 – 12: R41 470 per annum


The fees for 2025 will increase, but please note that the exact increase will only be finalised in Term 4 2024.


Bursaries Procedure

Riverwood College High School awards a limited number of bursaries for excellence in Academics, Culture and Sport. In all cases, the potential candidates are selected, solely at the discretion of the school.


Exemption Form

The following documents, must accompany your application.
Without these documents the application will be rejected.

  • Certified copy of the applicant’s Identity documents.
  • Certified copy of Marriage certificate, if applicable.
  • Certified copy of divorce order or settlement agreement, if applicable.
  • Certified copy of any maintenance order, if applicable.
  • Certified copy of unabridged birth certificate/s of each of your child/ren.
  • Certified copy bank statements for the past three months (Internet Bank statements will not be accepted).
  • Attached is a compulsory bank verification form. All the banks on the list must give confirmation and include their stamp on it. A separate form for each parent.
  • Statement of personal Assets and Liabilities.
  • If you are self-employed, audited financial statements from a charted accountant. We also need three (3) months bank statements of the business.
  • Certified copy of your tax assessment letter from SARS for the last two financial years. (Example attached)
  • Please note that this is not a printout of what you import on e-filing, but the tax assessment confirmation letter from SARS. We will also accept your IRP5, with the employer’s business stamp on.
  • If you are employed, a certified copy of your last three salary advices.
  • If you are unemployed, a letter from the Department of Labor indicating your last date of employment and that you are presently unemployed. We will also accept an affidavit (SAPS). Please be aware that we will confirm this telephonically with the Department of Labor. If you have recently lost your job, attach a copy of the supporting document from the employer with the business stamp on it.
  • Certified copy of all statements i.e. investments held in South Africa and abroad.
  • If you are a pensioner, a certified copy of a document verifying your status as a pensioner and details of your monthly pension.
  • Certified copy of your municipal services account.
  • If you are a foster parent, a certified copy of the Child(ren’s) Court orders.
  • If you are a widow/er, a certified copy of the death certificate of the other parent.
  • Certified copy or copies of Title deed/s if you own any immoveable property, OR
  • If you have a bond registered over any immoveable property, a certified copy of your latest bond account statement, OR
  • If you are a tenant, a certified copy of the lease agreement, OR
  • If you stay with somebody, we need an affidavit from that person sharing the residence with him/her.
  • If you have credit card/s, a certified copy or copies of your most recent Credit Card statements.
  • If you have entered into any lease agreements or Instalment Sale Agreements for any moveable property such as motor vehicles, furniture etc., a certified copy of the agreement/s.
  • If the school fees is paid by a Trust, the form must be submitted to Voortrekker High School for completion.

Exemption Form Templates

Please click on the link below to download the template forms needed to fill in the exemption form.